Date(s) - 10/10/2016
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Broomhill Art Hotel
Categories No Categories
The first Governor Hub of 2016-17 will focus on safeguarding awareness.
This course will cover:
- The definitions of abuse and how to recognise the signs and symptoms of possible child abuse
- The knowledge to act appropriately on suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm or has been harmed
- When to report concerns and what information to pass on
- How to respond appropriately to a child making a disclosure
- The basic roles and responsibilities of the governing board in safeguarding children
- The importance of a protective school ethos
- Knowledge of safer working practices
- How to respond to allegations against staff and volunteers.
The hub will start promptly at 6.30am. Tea and coffee served from 6.15pm.
Cost – £20 per delegate
No charge for NDTSA ‘Core’ schools
Bookings are closed for this event.