Date(s) - 24/01/2017 - 25/01/2017
9:30 am - 3:45 pm
Bampton CE Primary School
Categories No Categories
The Foundation Workshop provides a detailed introduction to Makaton and combines a practical approach with theory and technical information.
The workshop will cover research into sign and symbol use, symbol design themes, the use and purpose of Makaton and an overview of alternative systems of communication. You will learn the signs and symbols for Stages 1-4 and Additional of the Core Vocabulary.
- A practical introduction to the Makaton Language Programme.
- Accessible to everyone no matter their experience or levels of confidence.
- The two day course will include discussing commonly asked questions, hints and tips for effective signing and symbol use and how to start using Makaton in everyday situations at your setting.
- Learn stages 1-4 of the Makaton Core Vocabulary using practical exercises together and hands on practice.
- Participants will leave the course feeling enthused and about using Makaton
- Skills can be applied this immediately in day to day work practice.
- Detailed workshop manual supplied for delegates attending both days.
- Certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
Bookings are closed for this event.