Date(s) - 21/10/2014 - 01/12/2014
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Broomhill Art Hotel
Post-ITT Mathematics Subject Knowledge Enhancement
Broomhill Art Hotel 21st October 2014 at 4.00pm – 5.30pm
Led by Gary Bladon NDTSA SLE (Maths) & David Burghes from Plymouth University.
We are delighted to invite you to attend an Introductory session for our Post-ITT Mathematics SKE (Subject Knowledge Enhancement) course which we are offering in conjunction with Plymouth University. It provides high quality professional development to those teaching mathematics at primary level.
The aims of the courses are to:
● enhance your mathematical knowledge to give you confidence to teach mathematics
● inspire your enthusiasm for mathematics
● provide you with motivating activities and tasks for teaching mathematics.
The courses will also:
- help you to deliver the demands of the new mathematics National Curriculum
● give opportunities for participation in lesson study to enhance and sustain innovation in mathematics teaching and learning.
The course will take place over the following dates:
3rd November 2014 NDTSA – SKE Session 1
17th November 2014 NDTSA – SKE Session 2
1st December 2014 NDTSA – SKE Session 3
This course is for anyone currently or potentially teaching mathematics in a primary school. For anyone meeting the criteria and supported by their Head Teacher, the course is FREE, funded through the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) and run by the NDTSA.
The course is administered by the Centre for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching (CIMT) at Plymouth University, which provides the online assessment for a “Certificate of Mathematical Mastery” and opportunities to move on to Masters Degree modules.
To book your place on this introductory meeting please visit: www.ndtsa.org or
Bookings are closed for this event.